Humidity is great during the winter months because it holds more heat, keeps your skin from drying out, and keeps pesky bugs away. Humidity during the summer, however, especially in Florida, is a different story.
Humidity works against your air conditioning system because it traps heat and makes cooling the air more difficult. If you incorporate a dehumidifier into your air conditioning system, heat and high energy bills become a thing of the past.
Your home’s humidity level should fall right around 53 percent. If it’s any higher than that, you need to install a dehumidifier.
There are many benefits of having a dehumidifier that extends past helping the heat in your home or workplace, such as:
- Protecting your belongings from moisture damage
- Reducing the stress on your AC unit
- Preventing your AC from getting clogged with algae
If your home is stuffy, hard to cool down, or you find water moisture on windows or surfaces, consider investing in a dehumidifier. Call our team at Bold City Heating & Air for more information or to schedule install a dehumidifier installation today.
At Bold City Heating & Air, we earn our 100% satisfaction guarantee through effective products and services focused on your personal goals.
Take a look at some of the air quality innovations we offer to optimize the health of your home:
- Air Knight: Designed to significantly improve the cleanliness of indoor air, the Air Knight IPG takes advantage of a unique bi-polar ionization system, causing airborne particles to clump together and increasing the effectiveness of the air filter. The addition of UV light energy purifies the air to reduce odors, smoke, bacteria, dander, dust, mold, viruses, VOCs, and a long list of pollutants. This industry-leading innovation is virtually maintenance-free and easily handles the air volume provided by modern HVAC systems.
- REME HALO: As a whole home, in-duct air purifier, the REME HALO system reaches every cubic inch of space air-conditioned by the HVAC system. Effective against all three categories of indoor air contaminants (particulates, microbial, and gases), this modern generation of technology tackles airborne and surface bacteria and viruses such as MRSA, E.coli, and Norwalk, while also minimizing pollen, mold spores, dander, dust, odors, and more. It offers all the benefits of opening a window with none of the drawbacks.
- UV Lights: Economical and effective, UV light targets the contaminants spread by heating and cooling systems, killing up to 90% of microorganisms living within the coils and air ducts. Working to kill off mold/bacteria, prevent disease, and control infection, Carrier UV lamps improve indoor air quality and protect equipment performance. This proven technology operates silently and enhances the airflow through the HVAC system to promote greater efficiency, reliability, and longevity.